Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Raising Money for my Twinnies!

I have blogged a lot about my twin boys, Michael and Matthew who have cerebral palsy.  They are a source of joy and inspiration for my family and for those around them.  The twins receive their physical and occupational therapy at Progressive Pediatrics in Tallahassee.  It is here that I first learned about a relatively new therapy called "Therasuit Therapy".  Therasuit Therapy is a holistic approach to treating children/adults with cerebral palsy and other brain injuries.  It is a 3 week, 5 days, 3 hours a day therapy.  Here is a definition of the therapy according to www.allkids.org
 

What is the Therasuit Method® Intensive Program?

Therasuit Method Intensive Program (sometimes called TMIP) is an intensive individualized therapy program that accelerates functional progress. The program uses the Therasuit® (a soft canvas suit with bungee-like cords attached) and the Universal Exercise Unit (“Spider Cage”) to allow the child to learn new & correct patterns of movement through strengthening and functional skills practice. The Therasuit Program is ideal for those looking to meet functional goals at an accelerated rate as compared to traditional therapy.

Goals of the Therasuit Progam

  • Improve independence with activities of daily living (self-care, feeding & dressing)
  • Improve body awareness
  • Improve motor skills
  • Improve balance and coordination
This type of therapy sounds wonderful but, since it is relatively new, it is not covered by any insurance and it costs $6000 per child.  Since I don't have an extra $12,000 lying around I decided to start a fundraiser to raise money so the boys could receive this therapy.  The therapists at Progressive feel Michael and Matthew would benefit greatly from this therapy. 
 
So, here I am asking for you to get the word out about this fundraiser and if possible, consider a donation.  No donation is too small or too big!  I see this therapy as a great opportunity for the boys to accelerate their progress toward a more independent life.   Please visit my fundraising website at:
 
 

 As any parent would, you want the best for your child.  I want the best for all my kids but, the Michael and Matthew need more than the "average child".  I know we will meet or exceed our goal and the boys will get this therapy.  I can't wait to see the results!!!
 
Thank you for your consideration!  Please help my superheros reach their full potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment