Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 3 of P90X begins!

Today I start Week 3 of P90X.  I feel like I am starting to see some results.  My stomach looks flatter (all that Ab Ripper X) and my chest muscles feel tighter ( I can use all the lift I can get ;-) ) 

Unfortunately, I have been SO TIRED.  Ever since last mid-last week I have been dragging tail.  The only thing I can think of is I am not fueling my body enough.  The nutrition plan says I should be eating around 2400 calories.  What!?  I don't know how I could eat all those calories so, I haven't been.  I think I am starting to pay the price for that.  These workouts are SERIOUS. You are pushing your body hard and if you don't give your body what it needs, it starts to not work.  Carbs is what gives your body energy and if you are not eating enough of them (good carbs; like whole grains, brown rice, potatoes, etc) you will run out of steam.  This week I am going to add some more healthy carbs to my diet to see if that helps with my energy levels. 

Sleep is also important.  Never underestimate the power of sleep!  I have also been going to bed late between 10:30 pm and 12:00 am.  That is late for me.  My day starts around 6:30 am so, not going to bed till 11 or almost midnight is bad.  Sleep is when your body repairs itself  and I know my body needs repairing and a massage too but I digress...

I am also cutting out coffee this week and most especially the yummy creamers.  I am going to try green tea instead and see how that goes. To tell the truth, the caffeine in coffee doesn't seem to help me wake up, it just tastes good with the fancy creamers I put in there.

Here's to Week 3 of P90X!  Next week is Recovery Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment