Thursday, July 5, 2012

Listen to Tony!

Well, so much for posting everyday.  It being the 4th yesterday, I enjoyed time with family and friends but did manage to get my workout in the morning. 
On Day 2 was Plyo X.  Plyo has a lot of jumping and is a great cardio workout.  I had done it before and for the most part, liked it.  I had to do it after 7:30 at night which is a hard time of night for me to be motivated to jump :-\  We put the DVD on and pressed play!  It was going fairly well but, I was getting very tired at the end and my heart rate was elevated.  When it was time to stretch, Tony specifically said that if your heart rate was still high, don't put your head down and stretch.  I looked at my pulse, it was at 135 bpm, it was high for being about to stretch but, I thought I would be fine. WRONG!  I started feeling really nauseous and after a few minutes I had to sit down.  I felt awful!  I knew then, that I had bonked, hit a wall, whatever you want to call it.  I felt like s#*!  My dear husband proceeded to go make some Results & Recovery for me but, we didn't have enough :-(  So he made a no sugar gatorade type drink that we got from a whole foods place in town.  That helped some but, I was still feeling bad so he got me an italian ice (only 100 calories) and the sugar I needed to start feel better.  I went to bed and woke up the next morning feeling fine.

The moral of the story is: Listen to Tony, he knows what he is talking about! 

Day 3 was much better.  It was Shoulders, Arms & Ab Ripper X.  Mark and I exercised before heading out for the day.  It was nice to get a workout in early.  Ab Ripper X is getting better.  I can last longer doing each of the sets (there are 25 in a set).  Are they pretty or perfect, no but I am doing it!

The diet has been not too bad.  I only had one small piece of cake yesterday at a Independence Day gathering.  I have been trying hard not to eat late at night.  That, I am convinced helps in losing weight.  I especially don't eat carbs late.

Thanks for sharing this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment