Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Stress Eating Monster Makes an Appearance

If you have been following this blog you know that I started Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) last week. I finished Day 5 with no problems.  Well, that night one of my sons woke up with a horrible toothache and I was up with him for half the night. It had been a long time since I had a night with little sleep.  I.Felt.Miserable.  The first thing I wanted to do when I woke was-EAT.  I didn't want a healthy breakfast, no I wanted something that was tasty and full of calories.  I will spare the details but I did resist the urge to eat more.  Later that morning I had to take my son to the Dr. and afterward, to make him feel better, we went for donuts and this time, I did get donuts.  I had 2 and they tasted so good!  As soon as I ate them, I felt horrible.  Why did I do that to myself?  I went to get donuts in the name of making my son feel better but, the truth is, I went there to make myself feel better. 
After doing that though, I didn't say "the hell with it" for the rest of the day and eat poorly.  Also, despite being sleep deprived I DID do my workout and I was proud of that!
Fast forward to Monday and I found myself in the ER with my husband.  He is fine, praise God but once again the stress eating monster appeared. That morning I could not wait to eat the donuts that were left over from Sunday.  I consumed them and still wanted to more.  How many donuts would I have to eat to feel better? 2?5?10?  How many times am I going to do this to myself and think that food is going to make me feel better?
I was remind of a couple of things.  I was reminded of how when you do not get enough sleep, your will-power is lowered and you have a harder time fighting those cravings.  I was reminded again that no matter how many donuts, ice cream, etc I eat it will never make me feel better.  It will never take the place of what I am really craving in that moment; sleep, less stress, break from the kids, a trip to Cancun...
Even though, the last few days have not been "fun", I think God puts these moments in our life so we can learn from them and hopefully make better choices in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment